In today’s pre production class, Hans mentioned the following artists and their works. Feel free to check them out.
– Enchanted Doll _ russian doll sculptor currently living in the US
– Mattotti _ awesome Italian illustrator
– Mike Mignola _ comic artist for hellboy
– Carlos Nine _ amazing french illustrator with wide range of fantastic style
– Betteo _ a Brazilian illustrator and his art blog
– carcamo _ another Brazilian illustrator and his art blog
– Moebius ( Jean Giraud) _ French illustrator
– Pocoyo _ cute Spanish animated series 🙂
– Raoul Dufy _ French Fauvist painter who doesn’t seem to have an official site 😦 but there’s always google images.
that’s all for today~ Au revoir!
first and second round of character design crit with Hans Bacher have been productive. I still have to “simplify” / stylize my character more ’cause i tend to add too much details.
some developments made for the second crit:
Oh well, here’s something i made for fun. how I envision her clothes to be.
tried it out with existing fabric prints found on google. Should be more of a patched work, i hope to come up with my own design someday. And maybe i would do it like Camila do Rosário ‘s work here
Isn’t it just beautiful?
Also, i’ve found my inspiration for my cityscape design for the film.
here are some of Amy Casey‘s work. i hope to achieve something like this for the final look.
It has both the surreal and claustrophobic aspects that I was looking for. HOW I WISH I DID THESE BEAUTIFUL STUFF! OH MAN. but it’s a great place to start on environment design. 😀 oh yay~ GO RF!
MORE STUFF FROM ME NEXT WEEK!
GOOD NIGHT WORLD!
So I decided to take a break from human pose drawings and try the animal poses. and oh my god they are hard to draw. Made a bunch of ugly drawings. here are the better ones. all poses are 30 secs long drawn on harmony.
P.S. horses have the beautiful poses but GOD, they are the most difficult to draw!
More stuff to come after i scan my sketch book on monday. 😀
down with flu and stomachache when i thought my flu cannot get any worse. I cannot really move out of bed or toilet much, so i did some pose studies. I LOVE POSE STUDIES.
Some are not as good. but well it’s fun. I did these with the harmony drawing tool with some 30 secs gesture references ( YOU CAN FIND THE LINKS ON THE RIGHT)
I love pose drawing! it’s so much fun~